EMBRACING BLOCKCHAIN AND THE INTERNET OF VALUE IN THE 21ST CENTURY
Blockchain Technology for Accountants is the third in a suite of four courses designed to help CAs(SA) cope with the technological disruptions occasioned by 4IR.
Building on the introductory course (4IR Perspectives for Accountants), this new course focuses on this topic in a detailed and technical way as well as deals with various applications of the technology in the industry.
ABOUT BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY FOR ACCOUNTANTS
Throughout the course, you will be provided with insights to survive the impact of Blockchain Technology on Accounting, Finance and Auditing.
This course covers topics including:
- The Development of Blockchain Technology,
- Cryptography & Hash Function,
- Distributed Ledger Technologies,
- Public & Private Blockchain
- Smart Contracts & DApps;
- Blockchain & Accounting Practice, and
- Blockchain Technology in key industries.
- Prof Monica Singer – UJ: Professor of Practice in School of Accounting
- Prof Danie Coetsee – UJ: School of Accounting
- Prof Babu Paul – UJ: Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment
- Prof Wesley Doorsamy – UJ: Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment
- Mr Willem van der Post – CA(SA), exponential technology expert and the CEO of xTech.Institute
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Chartered accountants (CAs[SA]), and trainee accountants.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT?
This programme will help you to future proof your career as a finance professional, by embracing the skills you need to navigate the Fourth Industrial Revolution so that you may play a pivotal role in the successful
HOW YOUR COMPANY WILL BENEFIT:
Organisations will benefit through ‘future proofing’ their financial professionals to better cope with the rapid and disruptive changes that 4IR will bring.
DURATION OF COURSE:
The course duration is 8 weeks from the date of registration to completion. It will take approximately 40 hours to complete. At the end of each unit you will be required to complete a quiz as well as an overall quiz at the end of the course. These quizzes will count toward a final grade. You will be awarded a certificate upon successful completion. Remember, this course is competency based. Since the course is 100% online, you have maximum flexibility and can start the course at any point in time.
The course is offered to all members of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA). You will be required to upload proof of this qualification.
COST OF COURSE:
Cost for SAICA members: R4 150
Discount price for companies registering 10 – 19 employees: R3 940 per person
Discount price for companies registering more than 20 employees: R3 735 per person
HOW TO APPLY:
Click here (enter the token “SAICA” to apply for the correct course).
If you are a current UJ student or alumni, follow these steps:
- For current UJ students login to Ulink then 1) click on iEnabler registration; 2) select academic/ residence application; 3) unhide academic applications; 4) click on “add new academic application and 5) enter the qualification code “SAICA” and follow the instructions to register.
- For UJ alumni students open iEnabler then 1) select academic/ residence application; 2) unhide academic applications; 3) click on “add new academic application and 4) enter the qualification code “SAICA” and 5) create a pin via one of the buttons or the call centre.